Unlike Gus, she and her husband, Jebediah, are Amish, and forbid things such as technology, which probably resulted in Gus's obsession to video games and other stuff. When Gus is around them, he acts well behaved and respectful, unlike his true, mischevious self.
- Despite being minor characters, Jebediah and Hester got a character profile in the Robotboy - Special Edition CD-ROM
- Along with Jebediah she is absent in season 3
- The only time she is seen without Jebediah is in the episode Attack Of The Killer G-Men
- The only time when she is seen to care and be worried about her son is in Tummy Trouble when Gus needs to see The Doctor about a sudden weight loss.
- In the episode Everybody Loves Grandma she is mentioned. It's revealed here that Tommy thought that she was Gus his grandmother instead of mother.
- Many people are afraid of Jebediah and Hester because of their way of living and how they talk. Even Dr. Kamikazi refused to steal Robotboy when Robotboy was staying at Gus's house. The only persons who aren't afraid of them are The Doctor and Vance Cosgrove.