"Kurt's Father" is the 12th episode of the series and the 6th(b) of Season 1 of Robotboy. In this episode, Kurt's father (Special Agent) shows up during career day and discovers Robotboy. He then sends his son to befriend Tommy so he can get Robotboy for him.
When Kurt’s father comes to school for a careers day, all the kids are wowed by his high profile, secret job with the government. When he spots Robotboy, he instructs Kurt to befriend Tommy. An unusual friendship begins and Tommy gets invited back to Kurt’s swish pad. Kurt duly steals ‘Tommy’s stupid doll’, and his father sets about cloning Robotboy to satisfy his power hungry career demands, and of course…the Government. With Robotboy in a perilous predicament and doom impending, Gus turns up…with a plan!
- This was the 7th episode to be produced for the series.
- This is the third episode in which Robotboy has no speaking lines.
- Robotboy is shown for the first time to have the ability to survive without his head, as seen when he (while Superactivated) placed his head on the motionless body of one of his clones to fool Special Agent.
- The Inhuman Toe figurine Kurt places in Tommy's backpack after taking Robotboy out was colored blue. This is either an animation error or a special edition figurine (Aquatic Inhuman Toe??).
- This is the first and only time Tommy cross-dresses, and the first (but not last time) Gus does as well.
- This episode shows that Gus is very dependent on Tommy in order to have a happy life.
- Kurt and his father live in a penthouse atop a pyramid-shaped building. The basement/lab area takes up the rest of the space below it, signifying that they own the entire building.
- For whatever reason, Special Agent feels the need to wear a TV on his head, even while he's back at headquarters, while no one else there does.
- Kurt and his father appear to be wealthy, most likely because of Special Agent's occupation.
- Special Agent somehow got a photograph of both Tommy and Robotboy in their house.
- Goof: When Tommy leaves to use the bathroom and a deactivated Robotboy is shown inside his backpack, Ro's eyes look as they do when he's in Activated mode. They become horizontal again when Kurt gives Ro to his father.
In other languages
|Int. Language||Int. Title||Translation|
|Dutch||De vader van Kurt||Kurt's Father|
|French||Mon copain Kurt||My friend Kurt|
|Hebrew||אבא של קורט (Aba Shel Kurt)||Kurt's Father|
|German||Kurts Vater||Kurt's Father|
|Spanish||El padre de Kurt||Kurt's father|
|Swedish||Kurt's Pappa||Kurt's Dad|