"Robot Love" is the 17th episode of the series and the 9th(a) of Season 1 of Robotboy.
Robocon, the robot convention, is in town. Robotboy and Gus convince Tommy to go to it. Gus secretly enters Robotboy into the fighting competition there. After defeating most of the opposing robots, Robotboy finds himself fighting against the beautiful robot, Mona Lethal. He doesn't fight her at first, giving her the opportunity to beat him. He eventually fights back and defeats her.
- Gus Turner
- Ronald Rump
- Mona Lethal
- Bambi (in dream)
Tommy: *after hearing an announcement for battery-life* Battery-life? I gotta check that out! Gus: *sarcastically* Yeah, you better hurry, dude. I bet those seats are going fast. Tommy: Can I trust you to keep an eye on him? Gus: *laughs* Yeah, man. No problem. Tommy: I was talking to Robotboy. Gus: *after a beat* Ha ha. Run along to your batteries.
Robotboy: *after saving Tommy from being ran over by a semi truck* Pretty girl make much trouble. Tommy: Shut up, Robotboy.
- Gus briefly mentions twice the famous rock song "Eye of the Tiger" by the rock band Survival which would also pay as a nod to one of the classic movies of Rocky.
- The Gangsta-based clothes Robotboy wears on this episode would wear again these clothes on "A Tale Of Two Evil Geniuses".
- Not sure if this would be counted as a goof, but when Tommy is walking towards the battery-life emporium, there are two sumo-bots that can be seen.
- When Robotboy saves Tommy from being run over by a truck, he is superactivated. In the next shot when he lands Tommy he is back in his normal mode. It's only a short appearance of him in superactive mode.
- One of the backgrounds of the battle arena from this episode gets a redesign of Gus's Mix.
In other languages
|Int. Language||Int. Title||Translation|
|Dutch||Robot Liefde||Robot Love|
|French||Robotboy est amoureux||Robotboy in Love|
|German||Roboter Liebe||Robot Love|
|Hebrew||אהבת רובוט (Ahavat Robot)||Robot Love|
|Italian||Un Robot innamorato||A robot in love|
|Spanish||Amor Robot||Robot Love|
|Swedish||Robot Kärlek||Robot Love|