Tommy Turnbull is a blond, square-headed boy, and Robotboy's new caretaker. He is smart, responsible, sensitive, likable and acts as a mentor to Robotboy. Tommy tries to teach Robotboy the ways of the world through his eyes. He is the son of Debbie Turnbull and Dwight Turnbull, and the little brother of Donnie Turnbull. He is the unofficial leader of the team.
"10-year-old Tommy Turnbull is a smart, sensitive and likable boy. He’s a best friend and mentor to Robotboy, and tries to teach his robo-buddy the ways of the world as seen through the eyes of a human child."
Robotboy is Tommy's best friend, and they have been accompanied in many adventures which improves their attachment. In many episodes he teaches Robotboy about the humanity and behavior, being a very special mentor to him whenever he needs explanations. In the episode "Robot Rebels", Kamikazi broke their friendship with his disguising plan but thanks to Tommy they reunited again. In fact, there are many times in which countless villains have broken their friendship and after an explaining their friendship is attached again. In the episode "Crying Time", Dr. Kamikazi reprogrammed Robotboy to do and obey his bidding, and his bidding was to destroy Tommy. But after Robotboy seeing Tommy cry for mercy he remembers one of his moments with Tommy and doesn't destroy him after all.
Lola is a 10 year old confident and smart daughter of a rich African ambassador, and one of Tommy's best friends. She also secretly has a crush on him, which Tommy does not seem to realize. Tommy also gets annoyed whenever someone calls Lola his girlfriend, though he won't accept her true affections towards him.
Gus is one of Tommy's best friend, even though Gus sometimes acts selfish and isn't shy of taking advantage of him. He won't think twice about stealing from Tommy and, on certain occasion, abandons his friend for his own sake. Still, Gus does indeed value his friends usually does his part in helping the team during trouble.
Donnie is the older Brother of Tommy. Donnie usually bullies Tommy. Despite this, Tommy still treats Donnie like a family.
- The main reason why Tommy got entrusted to keep Robotboy is due to Tommy thinking of Professor Moshimo as his biggest inspiration (Therefore it is likely that Moshimo is able to entrust Robotboy to Tommy because of this).
- When Tommy's hair is in the wind, his ears look tiny and attached to his head. But when his hair is in its normal shape his ears are mostly sticking far out from under his hair, which looks like Tommy has floppy ears.
- There seems to be some inconsistency with Tommy's skin-tone as well. He usually has tanned skin but some scenes and promo art (like the profile pic) shows him with paler skin. The same thing happens with Deb.
- Along with Robotboy, Tommy has appeared in every episode of the series.
- Tommy is the only member of his family where his name does not start with the letter "D".
- Donnie can get on Tommy's nerves as shown in Up a Tree.
- Tommy has survived 14 assassination attempts from various villians, mostly from Dr. Kamikazi. He is been kidnapped in 10 episodes and 3 games. He also survived 9 almost fatal accidents and attacks.
- This fact is why his profile on tv tropes has Distressed Dude as one of his tropes. While Robotboy is victim to a lot of captures and near fatal accidents, himself, Tommy (sometimes along with Lola and Gus) is the one who often needs rescuing during his attempts to save his little buddy.
- Tommy was the first character apart from Professor Moshimo to have mistakenly called Gus "Goose".
- Tommy has been able to meet his idol, The Human Fist, twice.
- In Nursing a Grudge, Felonious Hexx had called Tommy "Tommy Turntail" upon meeting him.
- In Tummy Trouble, he along with Robotboy is not a main character.
- He is female in the Chinese, Korean, Japanese, Vietnamese, Filipino, Burmese, Thai, Lao, Khmer, Malay, Mongolian, Kazakh and Kyrgyz dubs of the series.
|Swedish||Anton Olofsson Raeder|
|Latin American Spanish||Claudia Motta|
- Mexican voice actress Claudia Motta, is known for being the second voice of Bart Simpson in the Latin American Spanish dub of The Simpsons from season 9 to season 15 of that series.
The Robotboy Wiki has a collection of images and media related to Tommy.